Cooper Academy Before & After School Care Program 2020-2021
Office: (919) 553-0256; Fax (919) 553-0723
WHO: All children in grades K-5 who need childcare prior to or after regular school hours. Only students who attend Cooper Academy are eligible for enrollment in the programs.
WHAT: Supervised care with learning activities, games, homework, and social activities. Our program provides a safe, stimulating environment for students whose family situation requires childcare before or afterschool hours. We’re excited that you have chosen the Cooper Early Morning Care (EMC) and After School Care (ASC) for your child.
WHERE: Cooper Academy gym, cafeteria, and playground areas.
Hours of Operation Monthly Fees
Before School Program 6:30-8:00 am $100.00 per program per child plus $10.00 Registration Fee
After School Program 3:30-6:00 pm $100.00 per program per child plus $10.00 Registration Fee
Both Programs $200.00 per program per child plus $20.00 Registration Fee
*Fees are due based on Johnston County Schools’ approved rate. All fees are nonrefundable.
*Students must be picked up by 6:00 pm. A late fee of $1.00 per minute per child shall be imposed when parents pick up students after 6:00 pm. After the third late pick up, a student may be dismissed from after school care.
Fees are due by the 5th school day of the month. There is not a discount for having more than one child in the program. All registration fees and monthly fees are per child. Fees are not adjusted for reduced hours, absences, or weather cancellations. Staff members utilizing the service will pay the same rate as other parents. We will accept cash and checks made payable to “Cooper Academy”. Your child’s name and program name (EMC) or (ASC) should be listed on the memo line of the check. If you send cash payment, place it in a sealed envelope labeled with the student(s) name, parent name, and program name.
If we receive a second returned check from a parent, it will be required that all fees are paid in cash. A late fee of $5.00 per school day shall be added to the bill up until the 10th school day. If the bill has not been paid by the 10th school day, a student may be dismissed from the before and after school child care program.
The months of August and December will be paid together in August. No other months will be prorated.
*As a service to our Cooper parents, we will provide After School Care on Early Release days from 1:30-5:00. Students must be picked up by 5:00 pm on these days. Late fees will apply after 5:00 pm.
Drop In Care: Drop in care is provided for students who need child care every once in awhile. Parents are still required to complete the registration paperwork ahead of time. There is no registration fee for drop in care.
Drop in care Before School $10/per day in attendance (payment must be made on date of drop in)
After School $10/per day in attendance
Rules and Procedures:
- All parents will be required to leave updated emergency contact names & numbers with the staff. It is the parent’s responsibility to update the staff with updated contact numbers and to make adjustments for any individuals approved to pick up your child from the school.
- Cooper Academy staff may seek medical attention for my child in the event of an emergency and the parent/guardian cannot be reached.
- Make staff aware of any medical conditions for your child. Administration of medications can only be performed in accordance with Board of Education policies.
- Breakfast is not provided during Early Morning Care. Students can obtain breakfast after Early Morning Care hours from the school. A light snack is provided in After School Care.
- The Early Morning Care and After School Care Programs do not operate on Teacher Workdays, Holidays, Weekends, or days during the summer months.
- Parents must escort their child inside the gym and sign them in for early morning care drop off for safety reasons.
- Drop off and Pick up is in the gym unless otherwise notified.
- Parents must come inside and sign their child out for pick up (bring a photo ID).
- It is important that your child displays good behavior. All JCPS Code of Conduct expectations will be in place. Behavior issues will be discussed with parents promptly. Students with three discipline issues during before and/or after school care will be removed from the program.
- When the school system is on a delay, the school’s before school care will observe a delay. For instance, a 2-hour delay indicates that our before school care will begin at 8:30 am.
- When the school system closes early due to an emergency or inclement weather event, there will be no after school care.
- When the school system cancels all after school activities, after school care will close early at 5:30 pm.
- Contact the school at (919) 553-0256 for additional information or questions.
Regulation Code: 3100-R School Based Before and After School Child Care-Regulations